For an overview of the Green Status of Species, please refer to the IUCN Green Status of Species page.
- Instructions for conducting a Green Status of Species Assessment
- Green Status of Species Background and Guidelines version 1.0
Work on a Green Status of Species module in SIS is currently underway, and ultimately assessments will be conducted in SIS. If you wish to conduct a Green Status assessment before then, however, you can use the materials below.
There are two versions of the assessment workbook available: one that uses the default weights to make species recovery calculations, and one that uses fine-resolution weights. To determine which to use for a given species, see the Background and Guidelines section 4.3.
- Green Status of Species assessment workbook version 1.0 (default weights)
- Green Status of Species assessment workbook version 1.0 (fine-resolution weights)
- Green Status of Species state calculator (to determine if a species is Absent, Present, Viable, or Functional within a spatial unit)
Note that some functionality of these workbooks may be lost if you are using a version of Excel older than Excel 2010. We are working to create a compatible version, and these will be made available as soon as possible.
Soon, Green Status assessments will be displayed on the Red List website alongside Red List assessments, providing information about species’ extinction risk, recovery status, and conservation impact in one central place.
181 preliminary Green Status of Species assessments were conducted during the development of the method, representing a diverse set of regions and biomes.