SIS News and Updates
News and Updates
- Taxonomy treatment has been updated in SIS - for more information please contact the Red List Unit
- Users can now log into SIS Connect using their SIS credentials
- SIS Connect allows SIS working sets to be exported in SIS Connect format
- Support for assessments in other languages than English added to SIS, and also SIS Connect
- Support added for Institution credits in SIS
- Support added for "recently used references" in SIS
- SIS Connect is released: connect.iucnredlist.org. SIS Connect is an application which allows assessments from external databases to be imported into SIS.
- There will be some slight disruption to the our API service, http://apiv3.iucnredlist.org , which would be related to some updates happening.
- There will be some disruption of our services, affecting the main Red List website, and also our APIs, due to essential maintenance on all our servers - expected around the 21-24th October 2015
- There seems to be some intermittent issues with SIS currently, and we will be doing a quick maintenance tonight BST (21st Sept)
- SIS will be down for scheduled maintenance on the 10th September 2015, starting at 6pm EDT/11pm BST.
- Browsers issue fixed - the problems we were getting with the updated versions of the browsers have been handled now, so you can access SIS from your usual tools now.
- Problem accessing SIS with Firefox version 39.0: The recently updated version of Mozilla Firefox (version 39.0) is incompatible with SIS. If your Firefox automatically updates to version 39.0, you will not be able to log in to SIS; instead you will receive an error message. While we investigate this issue, you should either go to the Mozilla website to download and install the previous version (version 38.0.5), or use Google Chrome to access SIS. If this still creates an issues, please contact the Red List Unit
- We have implemented new Red List Index fields in SIS, which can be found under 'Red List Assessments -> Red List Index'. For more information on usage, please contact the Red List Unit
- SIS will be down for scheduled maintenance tomorrow, 15 May 2015, starting at 6pm EDT/11pm BST.
- To help you find only those data fields for required and recommended supporting information for your assessments, two data field views are now available: Minimum Requirements (this displays the data fields in a tabular format) and Minimum Requirements List (this displays the data fields in one page for you to scroll down). You can find these in the list of data views in the panel on the left side of the assessment page.
- SIS will be down for scheduled maintenance on the 20th of July, starting at 6pmEDT/11pm BST
- Integrity checker is now available to use in SIS. It's not yet integrated with the Submissions Queue - this will be triggered in the future. Individual assessments, and working sets should be validated this way now. Please contact the Red List Unit for more info
- New Use and Trade module has been released - Use/Trade assessments can now be done externally to the Red List assessment. More details and help on this to follow...please contact the Red List Unit for more information
- Common Names list has English, French and Spanish options at the beginning of the drop-down list.
- In Habitats and Ecology, for Coded Habitats, 'Suitable' is now the default value for the Suitability field
- In Coded Habitats, the Suitability code of 'Possible' has been changed to 'Unknown'
- In Threats, for Coded Threats, the Timing field has a default 'Ongoing' value now
- Biogeographic realms has a link to the realms distribution in SIS, for easy access and use.
- For Country Occurrence, LME and FAO, in the Presence field, the option 'Extinct' is changed 'Extinct Post-1500'
- For Country Occurrence, LME and FAO, the option 'Pre-historically introduced' has been deleted, and records re-assigned to 'Introduced'
- Working sets now can be searched by typing the name in the search box that appears. This will make it a lot easier that having to scroll down the list to find a particular working set